Curriculum and Graduation Requirements
Mission Statement, Goals and Outcomes
Thank you for your interest in the PHFE WIC Dietetic Internship Program. Our
Internship is unique because in order to be eligible to apply for our program,
you need to work here for at least a year full time as a Degreed Nutritionist.
If you are interested in working for PHFE WIC and living in the Los Angeles area
for a number of years, please feel free to contact me.
Robin Evans,RD, MPH Director,
PHFE WIC Dietetic Internship
The PHFE WIC Dietetic Internship Program has been granted Initial Accreditation
by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (The Academy), 120 S. Riverside Plaza Suite 2000, Chicago, IL 60606-6995,
(800) 877-1600 ext. 5400.
The mission of the PHFE WIC Dietetic Internship is to educate, support and
empower PHFE-WIC Degreed Nutritionists to become Registered Dietitians.
- The PHFE WIC Dietetic Internship will prepare culturally diverse graduates who
are competent in the practice of dietetics.
- The PHFE WIC Dietetic Internship will prepare graduates who provide leadership
in WIC clinics and other work place settings.
- The PHFE WIC Dietetic Internship will prepare graduates who are committed to the
field of dietetics and continue to be lifelong learners.
- The PHFE WIC Dietetic Internship seeks to train dietitians who can combine
academic training, practical experience, critical thinking and problem solving
skills in a multi-lingual, cross-cultural and ethnically diverse setting.
- Although the program concentration is community nutrition management, excellent
training occurs in food service management and medical nutrition therapy to
insure that internship graduates are competent in all areas of dietetics and are
prepared to successfully write the Registration Exam for Dietitians.
- The PHFE WIC Dietetic Internship Program seeks to prepare interns who will
promote nutrition in their professional, community and personal lives and who
will support the dietetic profession through professional and legislative
- Over a five year period 50% of graduates will be culturally diverse.
- Over a five year period 90% will complete the program within 150% time (18
months) planned for completion.
- Graduates will achieve 80% first time pass rate on the Registration Exam over 5
- Within 3 months of graduation, 90% of graduates will be employed.
- Within 5 years, 50% of graduates working for PHFE WIC will be promoted to
- Within 5 years, 50% of graduates will participate in professional development,
legislative or continuing education activities.
- Over a 5 year period, 80% of employers who return surveys, will rate all
indicators as meet standard or higher on returned surveys.