The 2020 Census is here, and it’s your chance to shape your community’s future. Here’s what you need to know.
Census data impacts funding for things like:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- Rural Rental Assistance Payments
- Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers
- Medicare Part B
- Children’s Health Insurance Program
- School Breakfast Program
- Unemployment Insurance
- Community Development Block Grants
Count everyone under your roof. This includes:
- Any family members or friends who are living with you now, even if it’s only for a short time
- Newborn babies and young children, even if they are not in your family
- Your roommates or any renters
You can respond online using a mobile phone, tablet, or computer. Follow these 3 easy steps:
- Visit 2020census.gov and click “Respond”
- Complete the online form. Be sure to include everyone who lives in your household.
- You’re done!
You can also complete the 2020 Census by phone. To begin, call 844-330-2020.
All 2020 Census responses are kept confidential and private. It’s the law. Your responses cannot be shared and cannot be used against you by any government agency or court in any way.