Free tests are now available for all L.A. County residents whether or not they are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. Those who are experiencing Coronavirus symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, headaches, sore throat, or a new loss of sense of smell, will be prioritized for same or next day testing. Testing will be available by appointment only.
The following factors do not affect eligibility for a COVID-19 test:
- Immigration status
- Insurance status
- Underlying health issues
There are drive-through and walk-up testing sites operating throughout the county. Here are the steps for getting a test appointment:
- Visit the website lacovidprod.service-now.com/rrs
- Answer a series of questions. The answers determine if you are eligible for an appointment.
- If you are eligible, you will receive an appointment confirmation number by email.
- Bring the confirmation number and some type of personal identification to your appointment.
- People with no access to the Internet can dial 2-1-1 for help making an appointment.
- Some test sites will accept walk-ups. Check the list of test sites to make this determination.
- For a full list of locations and answers to questions about testing, go to covid19.lacounty.gov.
Watch this helpful instructional video to prepare you to take the test. The turnaround time for test results may vary. Positive test results will be notified with a phone call. Negative test results will be notified by email, text, or phone call.
For more information, visit Schedule a COVID-19 Test.
Orange County COVID-19 Testing Information