When Will You Get Your WIC Card?
PHFE WIC offices will begin issuing WIC Cards to participants at various times based on location.
|Santa Ana, Orange County, Torrance Area||November 12, 2019|
|Downtown LA to Westside (West of I-5)||December 9, 2019|
|San Gabriel Valley to Eastside (East of I-5)||January 21, 2020|
|Pomona Area||March 30, 2020|
Before You Go Shopping
Your WIC Food Balance shows the foods and the amounts available to your family between specific dates. As you shop and use your WIC foods, your Food Balance will change. Be sure to shop for all of the foods in your WIC Food Balance within the allowed dates.
There are many ways to find your WIC Food Balance
- Use the free WIC phone app on your smart phone (available soon).
- Get a printout at your WIC office.
- Look at your store receipt from your last shopping trip.
- Ask a cashier or customer service person at the store to print
your WIC Food Balance.
- Call the toll free number on the back of your WIC Card,
1-844-4MY-FAMILY or 1-844-469-3264.
- Go online to www.myfamily.wic.ca.gov
At the Store
- Get just the WIC foods you need at each shopping trip.
- Use your WIC Authorized Food List Shopping Guide, the free WIC phone app, and your WIC Food Balance to help you choose the right foods.
- Separate your WIC foods from your non-WIC items as you shop to make checkout easier.
At the Checkout
Start your checkout
- Separate your WIC foods from your non-WIC items.
Some stores may need to scan your WIC items first.
- Tell the cashier you are using your WIC Card.
- Ask the cashier when to swipe your WIC Card and enter your PIN.
- Always swipe your WIC Card first before using other forms of payment, such as CalFresh, debit card, or cash.
- Pay close attention as the cashier scans each WIC item.
After the cashier scans all your items
- Look over your WIC purchases and make sure all items are correct before your sale is totaled. The cashier may give you a receipt or show you a screen to review.
- Confirm all your purchases are correct using the card machine.
Any foods not available in your WIC Food Balance can be put back or bought using another form of payment.
- Tell the cashier if you want to put something back before the cashier gives you the final receipt.
- Give the cashier your store loyalty card and any coupons you have.
- Pay for any non-WIC items using another form of payment.
- Wait for the cashier to complete the sale and give you a final receipt. Save your receipt in a safe place, such as your wallet.
Reading Your Receipt
- Your receipt lists the items you just bought.
- Your receipt shows what you have left in your WIC Food Balance.
All family benefits are combined.
- The receipt shows the last day you can buy the rest of your WIC foods. Your WIC Food Balance will expire at midnight on that day.
When You Have Questions About WIC Authorized Foods
or Your WIC Card
- Use the free WIC phone app (avialable soon).
- Call 1-844-4MY-FAMILY or 1-844-468-3264
- Contact PHFE WIC at 1-888-942-2229
- Text your questions to 91997